Followers

Monday 14 October 2013

A Beautiful Birthday

Hello All,

I have something a bit different for you today.  I have finally tried out my gilding flakes!  I must have bought my very first one pot about two years ago but have never had the guts to get them out and play.  Well, after seeing Sue Wilson on the Tool Shed this month, I just knew it was time to get gilding.  Oh what fun they are but boy do they go everywhere!  I think my gluing technique could be improved but it wasn't too shabby for a first attempt!  Anyway, I'm waffling and I'm sure you'd like to see the card in question so here goes!


I stared with a piece of black card and the Leafy Background Stamp from JustRite.  I inked up my stamp with the Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue and then quickly pressed it onto the card.  You have to be quick or the card will tear.  I know this from experience - it only happened the second time though!

Once the glue was in position I cleaned my stamp under the tap and then left to air dry.  This is an important step as you don't want the glue to dry on your stamp.  I added the Cosmic Shimmer gilding flakes in Sunrise Dawn and rubbed clean with my scoochy sponge from IndigoBlu.  For added texture I ran the piece of card through a Sizzix embossing folder which looks like a vintage sunrise.  Sorry, I don't know the name of the folder.


Nearly all of my cardstock is from Creative Expressions but the gold card is from Create and Craft's own brand.  I would love a large stock of this but I'm down to my last two sheets.  Sob!  I used my Ultimate Pro to make the card bland and then attached my topper with super sticky tape to the bottom part of the easel.  The ribbon was from my stash and matched so well I just had to use it.  


For the main sentiment I stamped using JustRite's Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four in Versamark and then heat embossing in gold.  I cut out with scissors, leaving a tiny border of plain cardstock.  My butterfly is from Spellbinders Les Papillion.  The gems came from Create and Craft.

I would like to enter this card in to the following challenge:
Justrite Challenge #107 - Easel Cards

I hope you are all having a great start to your week.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my playtime this evening and can't wait to start on my next project.  

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The card is so pretty. Love the all the gold on it. Butterfly turned out really Great!!! Great job

coops said...

oh wow so stunning rachel.really elegant design and the gilding is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

This is such an elegant card. The black and gold colors are stunning

Lenoria said...

This is so gorgeous and absolutely elegant! I don't have either of the stamps and I want them both - even more after seeing your beautiful creation.