Followers

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #190 - Distress

Hi Crafters,

I hope you've been crafting away, enjoying using all your stash.  I've been in the kitchen instead of my crafty space - my friends and I started our annual Come Dine With Me last weekend and I was the first to host (things can only get better!).  I'm not known for my culinary skills but it seemed to go down a treat!

We have a super new challenge for you over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges with the winners and Top 3 from last week's Spots and Stripes challenge having been announced.  Take a peek at the blog to see if you were chosen.  

For this week, the wonderful Beccy is our host and she has chosen a great challenge that I'm sure you're going to love.


Distress

I don't think this one needs any explaining!  We also have two great sponsors this week - Flonzcraft and Lacy Sunshine.  Both have fab prizes on offer for the random winners.  Plus there will be a Top 3, as always.

I chose to use a Lacy Sunshine image, my first from this designer and I just fell in love with this Parisian image called Adele - Paris City Girl.


I coloured my image with ProMarkers in Marsh Green, Fresh Meadow, Walnut, Cinnamon, March Hare, Satin, Rose Pink, Pink Mittens, Blush and Dusky Pink.  To create the frame I cut out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Nine which I thought resembled an open book.  So that it stood out I inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Bundled Sage.


My mat was created from a piece of Coredinations cardstock which is also what I used for the Eiffel Tower, sanding it back to reveal the core.  This die came from the Spellbinders French Frills set.  I already had the doily coloured using a ProMarker and it seemed to match so I just used it to save colouring another.  I found the satin ribbon in my stash and I think it might have come from Create and Craft.  My DP is from Wild Rose Studio's Letters from Paris set.  It's a gorgeous collection of papers with a pink and green colour scheme.  I distressed the layers with a pair of scissors because, of course, I couldn't find my Tim Holtz paper distresser when I needed it!  Finally I finished with three square gems in the top right corner.  I bought these from my local craft shop when they were reduced to £1.  Bargain!  

I hope you can join in our distressing this week at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.  

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Pat K said...

Fabulous Parisienne card Rachel. Great image and love the tower. hugs, Pat K x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the image you chose and your Eiffel Tower die is super, beautiful colours too.

Pat xx

Beccy said...

She is gorgeous - just love the pink Eiffel tower.

Beccy x

Ciska said...

Love the French theme & the great muted colour combination, another beauty Rachel :)

coops said...

so stunning rachel.gorgeous image and i love your pretty colours and distressing ;D

xx coops xx

Ginny said...

love the colour combo on this gorgeous card :)