Followers

Tuesday 4 February 2014

JustRite Challenge #113 Entry

Hello Crafters,

Hope you haven't been having too much fun without me! I've been having a bit of a break from blogging but since we had a public holiday last week I thought I would take the chance to play. I've made a card for the current JustRite challenge which is all about backgrounds. 


To make my background, I started with a piece of white card and inked up a circle die from the JustRite Doilies and Lace set in Versamark and stamped all over. After I heat set this I inked the entire piece with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Evergreen Bough.  Then it was back to the heat tool to dry off! Next I used the JustRite Sweet Lace background stamp with clear embossing powder. This encapsulated the teal ink. Finally I rubbed Black Soot Distress Ink all over. All that was left to do was to clean up over the original white circles. I layered up with black and white cardstock. I added interest with the new Spellbinders Borderabilities - A2 Bracket Borders Two at the base. My baker's twine and sentiment were my finishing touches.  The sentiment is also JustRite, from their Grand Birthday Sentiments set and was inked with the Evergreen Bough again.   Now for extreme close-up!


I meant to do a tutorial of this technique as I went along but I got too carried away and just crafted away!  I'll put this up the next time I have my stamps and inks out.  It takes a little patience but I think it's definitely worth it in the end.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

I would like to enter this into the following challenge:-

JustRite Challenge #113 - Backgrounds

7 comments:

Judith said...

Hi Rachel - nice to see you back crafting - love this elegant design - fab technique hugs Judith x

Kary said...

This is Gorgeous, Rachel!! The embossing with the different colours looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Rachel! The technique is really interesting and I love the colors you used. Thanks for explaining how you did this too. Karen.

Sheri said...

VERY cool! I would've thought the white was on top of it all - great technique! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I like your embossing on the black background.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

My word, that is an amazing background. Such great colors that look wonderful on the black background!

I really like the lacy bottom...so beautiful!

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.the background is fabulous and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx